Concrete and clay tiled roofs have ridge capping to keep you roof watertight. The Capping tiles run along each ridge of your roof line.
In the image above you can see a roof that has recently been re-pointed, prior to repainting.
Bedding refers to the the mortar used to support the ridge capping. This bed cracks over time as the bedding shrinks and the capping ridge may move as the roof ages and the binding between bedding and capping ridge deteriorates.
Pointing refers to a thin mix of coloured sand and cement, its purpose is to bind to the bedding and blend with the roof tiles.
Re-pointing is required when when the capping ridge moves and your roof has lost weather resistance.
Barrier have been bedding and repointing concrete and clay tile roofs since 1978. Contact us to discuss your needs.
Trust Barrier to keep your roof weatherproof and looking good.
- Accurate pricing is assured with a realistic assessment of what is involved in your project.
- A quality control process is put in place and at each stage of the project, you are are kept informed of progress.
- Our team are trained professionals and have years of experience in providing solutions for your roofing
- Purpose built equipment is used in the maintenance or re-roofing of your home or building.
- Only high quality roofing products backed by warranties are used on your roof.
- Barrier Roofing are members of The Roofing Association of New Zealand.
- All our projects adhere to the very latest health and safety regulations.
- All our team working on your building hold NZQA15757 Safety Certificate for working at height.
- Barrier hold a Licensed Building Practitioner licence. Building Practitioner Number BP114619.
- Barrier hold $10,000,000.00 Public Liability Insurance.
- All debris is removed from your site at the completion of each stage.
Fill out the form below now for a quote